My good friend and mentor, Ged White (give him a follow on Twitter @gedirugby), writes a monthly newsletter for the coaches in his network called Coaching Matters which I find extremely beneficial. It covers many aspects of the coaching process and often links to interesting content around the web.
I thought this may be of interest to other coaches outside the network and putting them up here as posts means there will be an online archive.
Good Reads March 2013
- The Science of “Choking”
- Four ways to give good feedback
- Players owning their development through video review
- Developing decision makers in invasion games
- The benefits of Small Sided Games
- 3 reasons why Small Sided Games Suck – always good to have a counterpoint!
- Team GB at London 2012 use of video analysis
- Interview with Kevin Taylor former Head of Coaching at UK Athletics
- BBC Radio Behind the scenes with England Rugby Podcast
- BBC Horizon – The Creative Brain
Learning styles don’t exist
Don’t forget to have a look at the blogs I have written on coaching this month:
* Inspirational Quotations *
“Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner. Even if you are behind, a sustained look of control and confidence can give you a mental edge that results in victory.”